Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year's End




It is official. As 2013 is drawing to a close and I think about its ups and downs, I find myself wishing I were in Times Squares, witnessing the moment in which the ball drops. Yes, I want nothing more than to be standing amid confetti, fluttering down on us, and sweaty people, who have been holding in their urine for almost a day.

It seems as if only yesterday I was welcoming 2013 into my life, and now, I'm two hours away from celebrating the birth of a new year. I'm terror-stricken. I'm shocked. The swiftness of the changing seasons won't slow down anytime soon. We're racing against time, and the finish line is only getting farther and farther away. It seems to me that we spend our lives waiting. Waiting for the right moment. Waiting for the right partner. Waiting for the right job. Waiting for a phone call. Waiting. Forever waiting. How about we stop waiting and do something about it? It's time to break out of the necessity of waiting. Perhaps this is what 2014 and every year thereafter will teach us: to chase after our dreams. Cliched though it may seem, there is a reason it gets repeated so often: it's great advice.

The clock is ticking the precious minutes of 2013 away. When it strikes midnight, the first blank page of a 365 page book will open and it is within our power to write the best possible story. Let's make it a good one.

Happy New Year! May 2014 bring you prosperity, health, and all that you desire and want!

No comments:

Post a Comment