Sunday, December 22, 2013

Music Addiction

Christmas is upon us. O, the joy of the holidays is intoxicating, isn't it? Family, friends, food, and love. What more could we ask for? I know. Talent. I envy those with a musical talent. I would've liked nothing more than to be the lead singer of a rock band. Music is what revives me. It's what makes me feel alive, happy, and invigorated. Oh, there are rumours floating around the school? Tune them out. Play your favourite song and smile. Imagine if we lived in a world without music? If the world were a big egg bereft of any sound, save that of silence? Yes, it's not a pretty picture, is it? I'm thankful for music. It's the boyfriend who will never cheat. The best friend who won't spill your secrets. The teacher who makes class fun. It's therapeutic. Comforting. Addicting. Stimulating. I prefer the sweet symphony of a song over the discordant sound of human voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment